Monday, July 18, 2011

Pet Edge & Puppy Peaks

Today I placed my order with Pet Edge. I tried buying some things a month ago but several items were back ordered and you can't order them unless you buy at least $15 worth of that one item. Finally the main thing I wanted to get was in (the cooling adapter for the crate fan).

In addition to the crate fan, another ex-pen and an elevated cool bed I purchased a variety of puppy items (kongs, nylabones, teething toys, stuffed toys, toys for Indi, and so on). There's still some things I need to get, like the Nature's Miracle made for wood floors and a trimmer for clipping the fur between the puppy's toes, but I should have most of my puppy gear now, plus some.

My friend is giving me an extra wire crate so I now have one for the bedroom for sleeping, one for downstairs in the puppy play pen, and one dedicated for the car. It will be nice to not have to fold and lug crates up and down the stairs and in and out of the car.

I still have to catch up on the puppy pictures since we were out of town for a week.  We'll also be seeing them on Saturday and I'll try to take some video is they are in a playful mood.

On Saturday I'd like to bring over some items for the puppies to explore.  Candy has already introduced them to some things.  he husband made an agility ramp and an agility friend came over to help introduce the pups to it. I need to find a tiny wobbly surface for them. Indi's wobble board is 4 feet x 4 feet, so that will not work and her agility ramp is 6 feet long. I do have a play tunnel at least. Bubble wrap should be easy to bring over and I need some noise making toy.

Speaking of preparing a puppy for agility, Susan Garret recently started a new program called Puppy Peaks.  It's a series of videos showing the training she did with her new pup Swagger. Every week for a year several new videos are posted. This is perfect timing! Her dogs are amazing, as is her training. Every dog of her has his/her MACH. I love her training videos so I can't wait to see what she does with her own puppy to give me more ideas to get my pup ready for agility.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

I signed up for the first month of Puppy Peaks. I've only watched a couple of things so far but I'm impressed by the amount of videos available for month 1. However I just saw that the price is going up to $40/month now! I can't justify that right now; I'm in hardcore saving mode. :/

Rewarding Rover said...

I had to buy the year deal. If I wasn't bringing home a pup I would probably skip it.

Rewarding Rover said...

Joanna - I just read that is you signed up under the $20/month it will remain that price for the whole year. But if you cancel and then rejoin for a month later it goes to the new price.