Sunday, July 24, 2011

4 Weeks Old!

Now that the puppies are bigger and exploring more of their environment, Candy has been introducing more items for them to interact with. She has a cat tunnel for them to crawl through and built a very tiny ramp for them to climb. These dogs are well on their way to becoming agility champions!





Miss Pink thought the ramp was a great place to rest.








Yesterday we visited the puppies. Even though Candy has been sending pictures almost every day, I was still amazed at how much they have grown. Mr Yellow is around 7 pounds (at 4 weeks) and to put them into perspective Indigo was just over 3 pounds when we brought her home at 8 weeks of age. They have their baby teeth now but luckily are not chomping down too hard. Although they do love to really bite down on each other which results in much squealing. This is a really good thing though since it will help them learn bite inhibition which is critical.

The puppies were napping when we went over but woke up a little bit to try out the wobble board I brought over. They also loved chewing on the milk inflation (rubber milker) and a few were fascinated with the raccoon tail. They were pretty beat though so they mostly slept. If they are active next time I'll get some cute videos.

Here are the pictures I was able to take. Most of the ones I post are Candy's pictures.











3 comments:

Joanna said...

Tiny ramp is adorable!

Rachel said...

They look great! I know how hard it is to wait for a pup ... just think, 4 short weeks until yours is home! :)

I met a FCR at this weekend's trial -- a girl named Ripple who was at her first trial after raising a litter. I think the owner said Grousemore Kennel? Or maybe Eden?

Rewarding Rover said...

Rachel,

Grousemoor dogs are in my pup's line :) Haven't heard of Eden kennels yet, but I'm just getting started in the FCR world.