Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Puppies Have Landed

The Breeder's initial guess of 4 boys and 3 girls was spot on :)

Here's her report:

"Hannah's temperature dropped early yesterday morning and she was very clingy until around noon when she settled herself into the whelping box. I thought she was going to go into labor then and there and make things real easy for me.  She came in and out of the box until about 11:00 pm.   She had a rough night, lots of panting. Finally at about 2:15am she finally started having contractions. Needless to say I'm a bit overtired! My plan for today is to take her and the puppies to the vet for a check up, and have some lunch with my dad. The rest of the day I'll be watching the babies, and probably take a nap!
 
Here's the "statistics" in case you are interested.
  • Mr. Brown was born at 3:02 and weighed 1 lb
  • Miss Pink was born at 3:10, 12 oz
  • Mr. Lime was born at 3:30, 1 lb
  • Miss Aqua was born at 4:15, 15 oz. She already reminds me of Christy. Full of herself.
  • Miss Lilac was born 5:00, 15oz
  • Mr. Yellow as born at 5:30. He came out without his sac, and looked like he was saying, "I'm here!" He was very wiggly when I weighed him, he's over a pound
  • Mr. Navy arrived at 6:00, 12 oz"


Who has an early guess as to which boy will be ours?

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Woohoo!!

Sophie said...

That's awesome!

I want to say Mr Yellow will be yours, though I could be wrong! :)

ebw said...

Rooting for Mr. Navy! :)

Jen Bentley said...

That's awful...three hours of delivery!!! You need to bring Mama some treats. :)